LD Caucus – Sunday April 26, 2020
Save the date – SUNDAY, APRIL 26, 2020
We are actively planning for the LD Caucus on April 26, 2020.
This is one of the most important (and expensive) events we will be responsible for in the coming year. It is also a HUGE opportunity for new memberships, PCOs, and Fundraising. We need to take full advantage of all that this event has to offer.
We are just getting started!
Please check back to this page as we will continue updating as we get more information.
Here’s what we have to share so far –
- A sub-committee will be formed at our meeting tonight, Oct 16, 2019. Thank you for volunteering.
The Caucus 2020 Committee currently includes Shaun Olsen, Rose Andrews, Richard McManus, Sharon Holt,
To join this committee contact the chair, Sharon Holt, 425 478-2418, email@example.com.
- We have estimated our attendance at approximately 500-600 caucus participants.
- New DNC rules require that we have an ADA compliant facility. We have researching venues located in our LD. Mariner High School is booked (on the school district’s facility calendar ). The is approximately $1300 for the use of the Gym from 9am – 5pm on Sunday April 26 (invoice pending)
- Interpreters are also required by the DNC, but the rules are not yet crystal clear, so we are investigating further.
- The demographic of our area will likely indicate our need for interpreters, which based on diversity in our local school populations appears to be Spanish and Asian-Pacific languages, in addition to Signing for the deaf.
- Insurance will need to be provided, and we are looking into the best, cheapest options. More on that soon.
- Print requirements tentatively include 1. Remit Envelopes, 2. 21st LD Flyers, 3. Delegate Profiles.
- The cost for VENUE, PRINT, INTERPRETERS, and any other significant expense will be estimated and a projected Caucus budget will be put before the membership for a vote in future month or two.
- Depending on our financial needs, we may submit a request to Wa State Dems for monetary support. The sooner we figure this out and get a well supported request submitted, the better.