LD Caucus March 26, 1000AM PDT and State Convention
This page represents TWO Events:
MARCH 26th, 1000AM PDT – 21st LD Caucus (virtual ZOOM event, Only)
JUNE 25th – WA Democrats State Convention (In Person or Virtual, your choice)
Please check back to this page for more information on these events, as they develop.
You may Register to Attend, and may also choose to Register to Run as a delegate — see below.
Delegate Selection Process – LD21 Legislative District Caucus happens on March 26th, 2022, starting at 1000AM, PDT:
- General – In 2022, Legislative Districts are the primary means of delegate elections. Legislative District Chairs or
their designee will preside over delegate selection meetings. Delegate allocations are assigned by Legislative District.
- Voting – Voting is limited to those who are members of the 21st Legislative District as of February 24th, 2022.
Any person willing to be known as a Democrat who resides in LD21 may run to become a Delegate.
- Rules – LD21 Caucus will not meet in person. The LD21 Caucus meeting will be Virtual only (Zoom registration link below).
Click Here to review Draft Rules for LD Caucus.
- Platform – WA Democrats 2022 Platform Draft is available for your review here. Each LD21 delegate selected may draft a proposed amendment to this draft platform, to be considered at the State Convention in June.
- Resolutions – The LD21 delegates selected shall meet at least once after the Caucus and may draft a proposed resolution or two, to be considered at the State Convention in June.
- Register to Attend LD21 Caucus Zoom Here:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Register to Run for LD21 Delegate Here: Limited to those willing to be known as Democrats, who reside in LD21:
Register to Run for LD21 Delegate
Convention – June 25th, 2022
- General – The 2022 Convention will be a fully hybrid event, with only delegation chairs required to attend in-person
at the Tacoma Convention Center. The delegation may be chaired by the LD Chair/Vice-Chair, or may elect a Chair of Delegation, as determined at a meeting of elected delegates after the Caucus.
- Rules: The 2022 Delegate Selection process is governed by the DSAAP – Delegate Selection and Affirmative Action Plan which was adopted by WSDCC on Jan 29th, 2022.
- ***MORE TO FOLLOW***
Here are some of the leaders on the 21st LD Caucus Committee who may assist you.
Joel Ware – Chair@21dems.org – Joel is the Chair of the 21st LD Democrats
Micah Rowland – VC1@21dems.org – Micah is the First Vice Chair, and PCO Coordinator of the 21st LD Democrats
Thom Garrard – SCC2@21dems.org – Thom is a State Committee Member of the 21st LD Democrats
Sharon Holt – SCC1@21dems.org – Sharon is a State Committee Member of the 21st LD Democrats
Upcoming PCO Trainings
- When: Second Wednesdays starting Feb 9, 2022 and running through June 8th 2022. 07:00 – 8:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
- Register in advance for any Canvassing using MiniVan training session: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwudOysrDwiE9RV9JlbpNHIUyNlw6Jbpwle
- When: Third Saturdays starting Feb 19, 2022 and running through June 18, 2022. 10:00 AM – Noon Pacific Time (US and Canada)
- Register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYuc-ChrTgjGtSDPK_F17Iu0IGCBWENmjbK