Sharon Holt, Chair@21dems.org, 425 478-2418
Join Zoom Meeting –
ZOOM MEETING REGISTRATION LINK (you must login to your Zoom account for access to this meeting) – https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwpfu6trzkuHNC5AO8AyGEGzbAQJ_nseF1n
JUST CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW, OR DIAL IN:
Meeting ID: 884 9751 2464
Dial +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
GUEST SPEAKER 7:15 pm
Leah Griffin – Sexual Violence Prevention Advocate – R90 Supporting Sex ED
Leah will provide information followed by Q & A session. Here is a brief intro message from Leah:
“Earlier this year Governor Inslee signed SB 5395 into law, mandating all K-12 public schools to teach medically accurate, age-appropriate, and inclusive sexual health education. Opponents of sex ed launched an effort to put this issue up to a vote and recently qualified for the ballot, which is why we are reaching out to raise awareness and build support around this critical issue. Approving R-90 will enable students…”
This is a great opportunity for us to learn firsthand about this educational program planned for Washington State students. Please bring your questions.
The meeting will open approximately 30 minutes prior to 7pm, to allow for Zoom registration, membership credentials, and social time.
During the actual meeting, please remain muted unless you have been recognized by the chair to speak.
- 7PM Meeting Call to order
- Chair Announcements
Please see ZOOM instructions on last page
- Welcome to New Members and PCOs
- 7:15 Guest Speakers
- Leah Griffin
- Treasurer’s Report
- Officers Reports – See the website for posting of Reports
- Chair – Sharon Holt
- 1VC – Al Apodaca
- 2VC – Peter Henry
- Secretary – Stephanie Sanders
- Treasurer – David Chan
- State Committee Rep. – Shaun Olsen
- State Committee Rep. – Simone Gomez
- County Rep. – Rose Andrews
- County Rep. – Joel Ware IV
- Sgt. At Arms – Ahamad Ceesay
- Young Dems Liaison – Denisa Ruxandar
- Committee Reports – See the website for posting of Reports
- Diversity/Membership – Darla Varrenti, Al Apodaca
- Fundraising & Events – Sue Nicholls
- Endorsement & Elections – Clare VanHollebeke
- Issues & Education – Peter Henry
- Rules – Joel Ware
- Technology – Micah Rowland
- New Business
- August 4 Primary – Phone Banking Boost – Day of Action
- August 30th Picnic, meeting 8/19
- Mayor’s update
- Old Business
- Good of the Order
- Instructions for Virtual meetings –
- The host of the meeting is Sharon Holt, Chair (425 478-2418)
- The Co-Hosts of the meeting are Al Apodaca (832) 771-4747, DarlaVarrenti (425) 891-0578, and Peter Henry (206) 618-1639 – Please contact for Zoom assistance during the meeting.
- Attendees can join the meeting simply by clicking the link.
- Everyone’s microphone will start off on UNMUTE.
- Everyone’s video will start ON, but you can turn it off to be off camera;
Note – ‘video on’ is preferred, to enhance identification of who is speaking.
- The Host can see the names of all Participants that are attending.
- Attendees will display their FULL NAME and membership ROLE or officer title (examples – ‘Jane Doe, PCO’, ‘Joe Smith, General Member,’ Chair, Guest, etc.). The membership committee will assist members to ‘Rename’ & admit to meeting.
- Attendees can raise their Virtual ‘HAND’ to request to speak (located in the PARTICIPANT window)
- The Host can UNMUTE an Attendee so that they can speak, and members can also unmute themselves, too.
- The Host may MUTE ALL in order to bring order during disruption (similar to gaveling to bring meeting to order)
- Members of the meeting are encouraged to open the Zoom application on Phone or PC, in order to use the helpful meeting tools such as the Chat and Participant windows. Using only the phone audio is possible, but not recommended, since the tools are visual.
- Everyone can Chat, to type questions and comments to Host at any time during the presentation.
- The Host will answer chat questions as time allows, or at end.
- Voting methods may include one or more of the following, depending on the situation:
- Yes & No voting buttons (located in PARTICIPANT window)
- Type Yes or No in the Chat response window
- Roll Call – verbal – Each Name called, and audio response
- Respond to a POLL; the Chair may send an impromptu poll to the attendees during the meeting, in which case a pop up window may become visible, which asks a question(s) to which the attendee may answer by clicking response buttons.
These are just the basics of using ZOOM. Google to learn more, or feel free to contact the Chair or any Executive Board member for help.