November 18th 2020 – 7 -9 PM
Topic: 21st LD Dems October 21st General Business Meeting
You are invited to a Zoom meeting by Sharon Holt, Chair, 21st LD Dems
When: Nov 18, 2020 07:00 PM
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Colin McMahon, Click Here for some basic info on the Sheriff Adam Fortney Recall.
At our meeting, Colin will share an update on the Recall effort, and how we can help support it.
Along with what is happening on the Recall, we will get some insight into the process and what he has learned along the way. This should be educational for anyone who has never participated in a getting a petition accomplished, from start to finish.
For a podcast with more legal detail – Click Here The specific episode is titled ‘Special Edition: Organized, Relentless, and Ruthless.’
“In this special edition episode we get to hear from Colin, a public defender in Snohomish County, who formed a committee to recall their local sheriff for abusing his power and breach his trust with the community. Shout out to Colin and the other lawyers involved for holding their elected officials accountable.”
This is a great opportunity to learn more about what is happening in key areas of the 21st LD. Please bring your questions.
The meeting will open approximately 30 minutes prior to 7pm, to allow for Zoom registration, membership credentials, and social time.
During the actual meeting, please remain muted unless you have been recognized by the chair to speak.
- 7PM Meeting Call to order
- Pledge of allegiance
- Approve the agenda
- Chair Announcements
Please see ZOOM instructions on last page
- Welcome to New Members and PCOs
- 7:15 Guest Speaker
- Colin McMahon (7:15)
- Treasurer’s Report
- Officers Reports – See the website for posting of Reports
- Chair – Sharon Holt
- 1VC – Al Apodaca
- 2VC – Peter Henry
- Secretary – Stephanie Sanders
- Treasurer – David Chan
- State Committee Rep. – Shaun Olsen
- State Committee Rep. – Simone Gomez
- County Rep. – Rose Andrews
- County Rep. – Joel Ware IV
- Sgt. At Arms – Ahamad Ceesay
- Young Dems Liaison – Denisa Ruxandar
- Committee Reports – See the website for posting of Reports
- Diversity/Membership – Darla Varrenti, Al Apodaca
- Fundraising & Events – Sue Nicholls
- Endorsement & Elections – Clare VanHollebeke
- Issues & Education – Peter Henry
- Rules – Joel Ware
- Technology – Micah Rowland
- New Business
- PCO Survey Nov 7-16; WA recruit PCO research – Results.
- A/V Equipment purchase proposal ($1,000).
- Intervention Training / Holiday Party (Education over Food)
- REORG – Dec 5th Special Meeting
- Rules / Plans
- Officer Roles explained
- New Officer nominations
- Bylaws & Special Rules Review – DRAFT review – Fall kickoff.
- Old Business
- Good of the Order
Nothing at this time. Please check the 21dems.org website documents (members only page)
- Instructions for Virtual meetings –
- The host of the meeting is Sharon Holt, Chair (425 478-2418)
- The Co-Hosts of the meeting are Al Apodaca (832) 771-4747, DarlaVarrenti (425) 891-0578, and Peter Henry (206) 618-1639 – Please contact for Zoom assistance during the meeting.
- Attendees can join the meeting simply by clicking the link.
- Everyone’s microphone will start off on UNMUTE.
- Everyone’s video will start ON, but you can turn it off to be off camera;
Note – ‘video on’ is preferred, to enhance identification of who is speaking.
- The Host can see the names of all Participants that are attending.
- Attendees will display their FULL NAME and membership ROLE or officer title (examples – ‘Jane Doe, PCO’, ‘Joe Smith, General Member,’ Chair, Guest, etc.). The membership committee will assist members to ‘Rename’ & admit to meeting.
- Attendees can raise their Virtual ‘HAND’ to request to speak (located in the PARTICIPANT window)
- The Host can UNMUTE an Attendee so that they can speak, and members can also unmute themselves, too.
- The Host may MUTE ALL in order to bring order during disruption (similar to gaveling to bring meeting to order)
- Members of the meeting are encouraged to open the Zoom application on Phone or PC, in order to use the helpful meeting tools such as the Chat and Participant windows. Using only the phone audio is possible, but not recommended, since the tools are visual.
- Everyone can Chat, to type questions and topic relevant comments to Host at any time during the presentation, as long as the pasted information is pertinent to the meeting business at hand (not personal interests which distract from the meeting).
- The Host will answer chat questions as time allows, or at end.
- Voting methods may include one or more of the following, depending on the situation:
- Yes & No voting buttons (located in PARTICIPANT window)
- Type Yes or No in the Chat response window
- Roll Call – verbal – Each Name called, and audio response
- Respond to a POLL; the Chair may send an impromptu poll to the attendees during the meeting, in which case a pop up window may become visible, which asks a question(s) to which the attendee may answer by clicking response buttons.
These are just the basics of using ZOOM. Google to learn more, or feel free to contact the Chair or any Executive Board member for help.