April 15th, 2020 7 – 9 PM
This month, as we did last month, we are holding a Virtual Meeting using Zoom. There is no meeting location, just use your computer, tablet, or phone.
We are honored to have 3 very Special Guest Speakers Tonight:
Pramila Jayapal 7:10 – 7:30
Linda Coburn 7:30
Rick Larsen will start at 7:40
Zoom is a tool to share video/audio and documentation with groups. It is simple to use, like other screen sharing experiences. Similar to Skype and Facetime.
Join Zoom Meeting – JUST CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW, OR DIAL IN.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 578 693 1627
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,807127936# US (Houston)
+16699009128,,807127936# US (San Jose)
Dial +1 301 715 8592 US
Agenda is posted below
AGENDA FOR THE MEETING:
April 15th GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
- 7PM Meeting Call to order
- Chair Announcements & ZOOM –
Please see ZOOM instructions at bottom of page
- Welcome to New Members and PCOs
- Guest Speakers
- Pramila Jayapal, US Rep, CD 7 – 7:10
- Linda Cocburn, Judge – 7:30
- Rick Larsen, US CD 2 – 7:40
- Chair’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Officers Reports – See the website for posting of Reports
- Chair – Sharon Holt
- 1VC – Al Apodaca
- 2VC – Peter Henry
- Secretary – Stephanie Sanders
- Treasurer – David Chan
- State Committee Rep. – Shaun Olsen
- State Committee Rep. – Simone Gomez
- County Rep. – Rose Andrews
- County Rep. – Joel Ware IV
- Sgt. At Arms – Ahamad Ceesay
- Young Dems Liaison – Denisa Ruxandar
- Committee Reports – See the website for posting of Reports
- Diversity/Membership – Darla Varentti, Al Apodaca
- Fundraising & Events – Sue Nicholls
- Endorsement & Elections – Clare VanHollebeke
- Issues & Education – Peter Henry
- Rules – Joel Ware
- Technology – Micah Rowland
- New Business
See 5 attachments below (posted on the 21dems.org Documents age for members)
- Delegate Selection – PCO Vote starts April 26th 9:00 am
- Proposed Amendments to 21st LD Dems Bylaws, Standing Rules and Code of Conduct Procedure Documents
- Proposed Resolution – VoteBuilder Equal Access for Democratic Candidates
- Caucus 2020 – Delegate Registration & Selection –
- Delegate Registration April 1-24 – See https://www.wa-democrats.org/becomeadelegate/
- PCO Vote on 21st Delegates – Ballot will be sent Sunday April 26 byt the chair to all 21st LD PCOs.
- Delegate Allocation for 21st LD
- Old Business
- Good of the Order
- Zoom Poll – Attendees are requested to provide feedback about Zoom meeting experience.
Proposed Bylaws Amendment 21st LD Bylaws Amended March 2020
Proposed New Request Form – Code of Conduct Complaint Request Form Proposed Amendments – Procedure for Code of Conduct
Proposed Amendments – 21st LD Dems Standing Rules
Proposed Resolution – VoteBuilder Equal Access for Democratic Candidates
- Instructions for Virtual meetings –
- The host of the meeting is Sharon Holt, Chair.
- Attendees can join the meeting simply by clicking the link.
- Everyone’s microphone will start off on MUTE.
- Everyone’s video will start off on, but you can turn it off to be off camera; ‘video on’ is preferred, to enhance identification
- The Host can see the names of all Participants that are attending.
- Attendees will display their FULL NAME and membership role or officer title (examples – PCO, General Member, Chair, Guest) . The membership committee will assist
- Attendees can raise their Virtual ‘HAND’ to request to speak
- The Host can UNMUTE an Attendee so that they can speak but members can also unmute themselves, too.
- The Host may MUTE ALL in order to bring order during disruption (similar to gaveling to bring meeting to order)
- Members of the meeting are encouraged to open the Zoom application on Phone or PC, in order to use the helpful meeting tools such as the Chat and Participant windows. Using only the phone audio is possible, but not recommended, since the tools are visual.
- Everyone can Chat, to type questions and comments to Host at any time during the presentation.
- The Host will answer chat questions as time allows, or at end.
- Voting methods may include one or more of the following, depending on the situation:
- Yes & No voting buttons (located in participant window)
- Type Yes or No in the Chat response window
- Roll Call – verbal – Each Name called, and audio respons
- Respond to a POLL; the Chair may send an impromptu poll to the attendees during the meeting, in which case a pop up window may become visible, which asks a question(s) to which the attendee may answer by clicking response buttons.
These are just the basics of using ZOOM. Google to learn more, contact the chair.