21st LD Dems April 15th 7 PM General Business Mtg. (Virtual)
Guest Speakers – Pramila Jayapal, Rick Larsen, & Linda Coburn
April 15, 2020, join us at 7pm for another ‘Online’ Meeting.
The meeting waiting room will open a few minutes before.
This meeting will not be in person. Due to widely known health and safety concerns with COVID-19, the 21st LD Dems are conscientiously practicing social distancing to help reduce spread of the CoronaVirus. Since we should all be staying at home as much as possible, we will be using an online tool called ZOOM, and using our phones/computers from the comfort of our own homes. We did this last month and the March 18th meeting was a success, so here we go again!
LINK TO THIS MEETING:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 578 693 1627
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
See Below for ZOOM Instructions for online access.
*If you do not have the ability to use a phone or computer to call into this meeting, please contact the chair.
CONTACT: Sharon Holt, email@example.com, 425 478-2418
LOCATION: None – This will be a virtual (online) meeting using ZOOM. The meeting Call invitation email to all members will include instructions for accessing the Audio / Visual meeting using your phone or computer.
DATE: Wednesday April 15
TIME: 7 – 9 pm
APRIL 15 LD GENERAL MEETING (VIRTUAL)
April 15th, 2020 7 – 9 PM
This month, as we did last month, we are holding a Virtual Meeting using Zoom. There is no meeting location, just use your computer, tablet, or phone.
Zoom is a tool to share video/audio and documentation with groups. It is simple to use, like other screen sharing experiences. Similar to Skype and Facetime.
Join Zoom Meeting – JUST CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW, OR DIAL IN.
Meeting ID: 807 127 936
Dial +1 301 715 8592 US
- 7PM Meeting Call to order
- Chair Announcements & ZOOM
Please see ZOOM instructions at bottom of page
- Welcome to New Members and PCOs
- 7:10 Guest Speaker – Pramilla Jaypal, US Rep. CD 7
- 7:30 Judge Linda Cocburn
- 7:40 Guest Speaker – Rick Larsen, US Rep. CD 2
- Chair’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Officers Reports – See the website for posting of Reports
- Committee Reports – See the website for posting of Reports
- New Business
See 5 attachments below (posted on the 21dems.org Documents Page for members)
- Proposed Amendments to 21stLD Dems Bylaws, Standing Rules and Code of Conduct Procedure Documents
- Proposed Resolution – VoteBuilder Equal Access for Democratic Candidates
- Caucus 2020 – Delegate Registration & Selection –
- Delegate Registration April 1-24 – See https://www.wa-democrats.org/becomeadelegate/
- PCO Vote on 21st Delegates – Ballot will be sent Sunday April 26 byt the chair to all 21st LD PCOs.
- Delegate Allocation for 21st LD
- Old Business
- Good of the Order
- Zoom Poll – Attendees are requested to provide feedback about Zoom meeting experience.
Proposed Bylaws Amendment –21st LD Bylaws Amended March 2020
Proposed New Request Form – Code of Conduct Complaint Request Form
Proposed Amendments – Procedure for Code of Conduct
Proposed Amendments – 21st LD Dems Standing Rules
Proposed Resolution – VoteBuilder Equal Access for Democratic Candidates
- Instructions for Virtual meetings –
- The host of the meeting is Sharon Holt, Chair.
- Attendees can join the meeting simply by clicking the link.
- Everyone’s microphone will start off on MUTE.
- Everyone’s video will start off on, but you can turn it off to be off camera; ‘video on’ is preferred, to enhance identification
- The Host can see the names of all Participants that are attending.
- Attendees will display their FULL NAME and membership role or officer title (examples – PCO, General Member, Chair, Guest) . The membership committee will assist
- Attendees can raise their Virtual ‘HAND’ to request to speak
- The Host can UNMUTE an Attendee so that they can speak but members can also unmute themselves, too.
- The Host may MUTE ALL in order to bring order during disruption (similar to gaveling to bring meeting to order)
- Members of the meeting are encouraged to open the Zoom application on Phone or PC, in order to use the helpful meeting tools such as the Chat and Participant windows. Using only the phone audio is possible, but not recommended, since the tools are visual.
- Everyone can Chat, to type questions and comments to Host at any time during the presentation.
- The Host will answer chat questions as time allows, or at end.
- Voting methods may include one or more of the following, depending on the situation:
- Yes & No voting buttons (located in participant window)
- Type Yes or No in the Chat response window
- Roll Call – verbal – Each Name called, and audio respons
- Respond to a POLL; the Chair may send an impromptu poll to the attendees during the meeting, in which case a pop up window may become visible, which asks a question(s) to which the attendee may answer by clicking response buttons.
These are just the basics of using ZOOM. Google to learn more, or contact the chair.